Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am truly NOT asking for any response tonight or tomorrow!

I am truly NOT asking for any response tonight or tomorrow! I am just trying to restart a question I started with several days ago and ended up with a CPA "who told me HE THOUGHT I needed to get a "real world" answer" as opposed to laughing at his response! Our conversation ended after the third attempt.

In our "military" "real world" calling congressman/senators/press conferences is not realistic--without money! My daughter-in-law and son lives on $20,000-30,000 per year and has no insurance! So in a nutshell-HIS FINANCIAL ADVICE AS A CPA SUCKED! Our REAL WORLD IS MILITARY DEFENSES-PROTECTING OUR COUNTRY-AND LOSING OUR FAMILY--NOT INTEGRATING WITH THE LIVES OF THE "RICH AND FAMIOUS"!

SO I WILL KEEP MY FIRST QUESTION SIMPLE AND GO FROM THERE--OBVIOUSLY MY FIRST QUESTION HAD TOOOO MUCH DETAIL!

MY daughter-in-law has been diagnosed with "fibromealgia" (probably misspelled)! She is 38 and cannot work-and hasn't in the last 2 years. Our grandson is on Medicaid--not her OR my son! She has earned enough credits for social security benefits.

Plus both her doctors said she can qualify for disability WITH TWO OTHER TESTS. HER/OUR PROBLEM--WE CANT AFFORD THE COST OF THE TESTS.

SS can't help us until the tests are completed and documented. Medicaid red tape is killing us!

I need some info to help apply to SS to break the red tape--cause I cant do it through Medicaid without help and personal finances for these last 2 tests is too costly.

What other steps do we need to take now to unfold the red tape and get to into the ss disability system with help to confirm her diagnosis?

I do not want or INTEND to concern you with our situation on a Sunday! It is your free time!! I am just trying to put my thoughts in order! AND PLEASE DON'T SEND ME TO A CPA! A PRESS CONFERENCE SOLUTION/REAL WORLD/SENATORS/CONGRESSMAN CONTACT--DIDNT HELD MY DYING SYSTER WITH A BRAIN TUMOR-UNOPERABLE--WHEN TRYING TO GET HER ONLY SON/CHILD HOME/RELEASED FROM THE MILITARY--WHEN WE FOUND OUT SHE HAD LESS THAN 3 MONTHS TO LIVE!!

JUST THINKING--CORDIALLY--DIANNE!!!

WE NEED
Expert:  Lindie-Moderator replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Lindie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

again - no i have not received an answer to this question! please keep trying!

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Lindie

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanku. and please no CPA! I NEEED A SS DISABILITY LAWYER WHO IS USE TO FIGHTING THE SYSTEM/RED TAPE!

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

In order to pursue a case in SS, you must have the evidence to show her disability I am afraid. Even an attorney taking this case on and filing an appeal through SS would need this evidence to prove the case. If these tests are required, the attorney might be able to find one of the doctors they use to agree to wait on payment for the tests needed, but again without these tests I am afraid that even an attorney cannot get the approval because of the evidence required by SS in these cases before approval can occur.

While this might not be what you want to hear, hiring a local SS attorney who advertises near you to pick up the case for an appeal to try to get the medical records together to prove the case and to try to arrange for a doctor to agree to do the test and wait for payment.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANKU FOR YOUR RESPONSE! IT WAS HELPFUL AND INFORMATIVE! AND SOUNDTED REASONABLE! GIVE ME ALITTLE BIT OF TIME TO GET BACK TO MY DAUGHTER-N-LAW! I WILL CONTACT U SHORTLY! CORDIALLY- DIANNE!

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

again-thanku for your response! I am clearly aware of any attorney/client relationship associated with this web site. As I stated before-my degree is in criminal law--as well as when I went to law school.

this scenario is out of my expertise. that's why I am asking for help!

Do you have any suggestions has to how I can help get my daughter-in-law qualified for Medicaid! I have read the cases/internet rouseabout answers--and still get the same red tape! Applying for the last three years of income is a no brainer--even with appropriate documentation!

The problem is we r dealing with just computers when going into a Medicaid office--then if we r lucky--can talk to a person--who is reading what the computer tells them! then we refile with a computer.

We can't get her case to a real person who has a brain!

Any suggestions would be greatfully appreciated!!! Cordially-Again--Dianne!

Thank you for your response, government bureaucracy at the finest I am afraid. When you go to the medicaid office you need to speak to a supervisor and ask them for assistance and explain the problem, because if they are not nice enough to help and she is denied for benefits, then the next step is sending an appeal to the director of the benefits program/director of social services. I am afraid that this really is your only option dealing with these agencies, almost begging a kind employee for assistance there (most of the offices do have employees who will help, but like in everything there are others who are just miserable and will do nothing).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

MY GOD! A REAL PERSON WHO HAS BRAINS-AND SPEAKS FROM THE HEART! REPEAT-HEART! YOU ARE OUR ANGEL AND GIVE US HOPE! I FOUND A PENNY YESTERDAY ON THE FLOOR OUTSIDE--DON'T KNOW IF YOU KNOW ABOUTH THE MYTH OF FINDING A PENNY ON EARTH DELIVERED FROM ANGELS ABOVE--BUTTTT YOU ARE OUR PENNY!! NOW I CAN SLEEP AND KNOW I HAVE AN ANGEL ABOVE AND A ANGEL HERE ON EARTH!

AGAIN-CORDIALLY, DIANNE!!!

Thank you for your kind words.

These matters are frustrating when dealing with these government agencies, so you just have to keep plugging away and working towards your benefits for her. Please do not forget to click on the excellent service feedback as the expert gets no credit for time spent with you until you do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am also looking at the food stamp program! when on the several-repeat several- web sites- they keep putting me into--a come up with "other alternatives" as opposed to actually finding out if my son's family can qualify for food stamps FOR FLA-- OR at least know what answers to answer--OR BETTER YET--WHO DO I GO THROUGH TO HELP OUT! IF YOU TELL ME TO GO TO A MEDICAID OFFICE--WHICH IS PROBABLY WHAT U R GONNA SAY--I WANT TO SCREAM!

EVERYTHING IS COMPUTERIZED AND WE CANT COME UP WITH ANSWERS ON A FRIGGIN COMPUTER-AT A MEDICAID/DPT OF SVS OFFICE-UNLESS WE KNOW THE QUESTIONS FIRST--SO WE HAVE OUR DATA COLLECTED!

CAN YOU HELP LEAD ME DOWN THE PATH TO FIGURE OUT WHAT THEIR FRIGGIN OFFICE IS GONNA WANT DATA ON SO WE WILL HAVE IT ON HAND! THIS INTERNET "S" IS FRUSTRATING - AT IT'S WORST--PLUS NOW I NEED A "BEER"!

BELIEVE ME--I WILL RATE YOU--I KNOW -BELIEVE ME FROM PAST EXPERIENCE--IF I DO NOW--I WON'T BE ABLE TO GET BACK TO YOU AS EASILY AS IT IS PORTRAYED-AND HAVE TO START ALL OVER AGAIN!

I HAVE BEEN USING THIS SITE FOR YEARS-AND HAVE LEARNED THE LESSONS FROM THE PAST!!!

AND - OBTW--I DO TIP! I NEED HELP--MY HUSBAND AND I CANNOT AFFORD TO SPT OUR SON AND HIS FAMILY ON OUR RETIRED MILITARY INCOME! NO ASSETS AS WELL! ALREADY GAVE THOSE AWAY--WHEN MY OLDER SON WENT THROUGH A NASTY DIVORCE! NOW HE HAS CUSTODY OF HIS OLDEST DAUGHTER--AND NOW HAS A FOUNDATION TO BUILD ON!

HOWEVER- WE LIVE MONTH BY MONTH!! "IN THE REAL WORLD" AS THAT OTHER "A___H" CPA RECOMMENDED WE NEEDED TO DO!

CORDIALLY, DIANNE!

Thank you for your response.

I believe that we already discussed with you how you need to get around the medicaid issue with their stupid computers, you have to get to a supervisor to explain the issues you are having and hope you can get one who actually cares about their job to help you (there are many out there who do care).

What your son is going to need is copies of all his medical records and all of his financial records showing his income from all sources, his bank account records and all of his expenses. This is what both food stamps and medicaid base their benefit awards on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

THANKU!! WILL WORK ON IT! NEXT STEP IS -GOD KNOWS WHAT!

I WILL ORGANIZE AND PUT INTO ACTION EACH STEP CAREFULLY!

NOT TODAY THOUGH--THE "BEER SOUNDS MUCH MORE CALMING"!!

CORDIALLY--AND SINCERELY--DIANNE!

In the 100 degree heat I have here today a beer sounds wonderful to me as well.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i am sooo sorry! i have had 3 grandkids here-two r 5 and 6! havent been on computer! i will rate u now and hope to b in touch when i have time to think! sorry again-for a 60+ year old-they r a handful! cordially-dianne!