Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.
10805288

Yahoo has terminated my Email account after

Yahoo has terminated my Email account after I complained I was the victim of a hacker. I have never mis-used my account in any way, and am a law-abiding US citizen residing in Guatemala City. I need to retrieve important personal information from my Email account, however, Yahoo is reluctant to cooperate with me and fail to justify their punitive action. To me, this illegal action must be in violation of FCC rules, and I want to challenge Yahoo’s unfounded action in a Federal Court. Can you help me in this case? NicholasX XXXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX ph. +(XXX)XXX XXXX

Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you. However, we are prohibited from proving legal representation and are restricted only to providing legal informational answers to a special legal question you provide. As such, could you please present your first legal question that will be entertained here in this post? (Other legal questions you may place in additional transaction posts, should you have any - and you may feel free to start your new thread with "To Alexia Esq. ONLY" if you prefer.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My Question: Where should I direct my case for the best possible results, considering I currently reside in Guatemala City, and considering I initially opened this Yahoo mail account in Mississippi?

Are you asking where you should FILE your lawsuit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, since I am not currently residing in the US.

OK, generally, we must file in the State where the defendent is located or where the breach of contract (which this likely is what you are claiming) occurred. This is called Jurisdiction. If you check your contract with Yahoo, you may find that both parties agreed on a particular location for jurisdiction to lie - that means you both agreed to let that particular state's court hear the matter. This is NOT unusual a term, particularly when it is an internet company doing business is all states, to keep it more 'sane' as to where it needs to show up - to prevent it from being sued in all 50 states, based on the same type of issue.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,

Alexia Esq.

Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience: 19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.