Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

I brought a zero turn mower 150 from snapper 6/29/12 .....

I brought a zero turn mower 150 from snapper 6/29/12 ..... went thru 4 batteries the first mth I had....then in oct 2012 the muffler fell apart (have pics).....the GAS TANK WAS SPLITTING AT THE SEAMS....I WAS SITTING ON A BOMB...the whole back end was melted....they had mower till feb 2013...refused to give me new mower...then part fell off deck....they had 3 weeks...then now I am noticing the muffler anti heat pad is almost burnt up and muffler is getting RED HOT....I am a widow living on 3plus acres...very afraid to use mower at this point....snapper acts like I've done something wrong....do I have a legit lawsuit?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.

Please permit me to assist you with your concerns. What, initially, did you pay for this mower? I assume that you bought it new and it came with a warranty, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes 2yr warrenty...pd $2,700.00...they hang on to the mower when you take it in for weeks/mths....thus making my warrenty disappear....and not really fixing the problem....I'm telling you the muffler is about to go again...I've only used maybe 4 times since I sgot it back from them in Feb for the first muffler...I'm NOT READY TO DIE YET! I live in orego we have winterso no mowing until late March/early April

Christy,

I do not blame you from being terrified in using this item. What you are describing appears to be an item that is for all practical purposes a 'lemon' and an item whose warranty the dealers are refusing to honor if it is not acting as advertised to you. I would suggest that you consider contacting the corporate office directly, state that the item is defective, that you are seeking a replacement item OR you will consider other options of a legal nature. Your other options include contacting an attorney to sue them for product liability defects, breach of contract, and breach of warranty claims, or contacting both your state's Attorney General's office's division on consumer protection so as to file a complaint, or also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau so that they could pursue this on your behalf and potentially get them to refund your money based on their deceptive promises.

Good luck.

Christy,

I appreciate your negative rating. What specifically did I fail to answer for you? Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you not see my comments on my response?

Christy,

I received no comments from you, just a poor rating. Could you repost your comments, please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay....what I said was...I have called snapper main office....immpossible to get anyone....all you can do is contact the techs at their service center.....I already knew about the us atty....but they do nothing but file your claim and then just crickets sounds in the background....as they explain "they only can handle so much and they have more urgent matters on their plates" my question is Do I have a legit lawsuit....like small claims court...could I go there in the state of Oregon when snapper is somewhere back east....

Christy,

Thank your for your follow-up. I will respond to each of your points below in order listed.

-----------
In Oregon the small claims limitation is up to $10,000, so if you wish to sue for under that amount, you can use small claims for most of your claims. Small claims is not sophisticated enough for products liability suit, that has to be pursued in a higher court. If you choose to sue for breach of contract, small claims can help, but products liability has to be pursued in a higher court with an attorney. Due to the value of the item, I doubt you would be able to get an attorney to take this case on contingency.

Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience: Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.