Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

learning about the Pro and Con of of place wife into Hospice

Customer Question

learning about the Pro and Con of of place wife into Hospice Care - what is or is not covered by medicare part A and part B .... what parts of statement A and B copied off internet sites are true ?

Statement A:
What hospice costs are not covered?
Generally, Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance will not pay for:
• Treatment, including medications, equipment and supplies, for conditions unrelated to the life-limiting illness.
• Care from physicians or other health care providers that is not set up by hospice.
• Room and board if you live at home, in a nursing home, or in a hospice residential facility.
• Emergency room visits, inpatient facility care, and ambulance transportation, unless arranged by your hospice medical team.
Statement B:

Medicare. If the terminally ill individual is a Medicare beneficiary, hospice is a covered benefit under Part A. All other Medicare services continue under Parts A & B, including those of the person’s attending physician. Hospice payments do not interfere with any other Medicare payments for other illnesses, diseases or care. Hospices listed in HospiceDirectory.org will indicate if they are Medicare certified.
Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

Can you please provide the direct link to the website pages for each of these statements?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is difficult to be an expert in all things do you have lot experience with alder law matter or medicare law

If you review my profile, you will see (I think!) that I am experienced in SS (which inherently involves Medicare and Medicaid), and estate law (which inherently involves elder law). You placed your question, however, in neither of these areas for some reason, leaving it only in the general legal area, and so you you did not likely see that information.

However, we can not assist you if you do not provide the two links to your verbiage, above. Different factual situations often provide different legal results, and while we can not give you legal advise per se, we can typically provide the legal information that we would start our own analysis with, so you can take it further with your own considerations from that point, depending on which path your set of facts direct you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't supply you with information that you requested. I am thinking the best approach is to cancel this question. I will learn from my mistake and do a better job next time. Am I correct to assume that the next time I do log into justanswer.com I can select you as my expert rather posting my in an open forum. I am sorry to have wasted your time
Not a problem! And never a waste of my time, these things happen. And yes, you can request me. I would suggest you do so by literally starting your post with "TO Alexia Esq. ONLY", which is my general screen name in most legal areas I engage in (SS is different). That will be the most likely way to get your point across to others.

Have a terrific week!
Sincerely,
Alexia