Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I asked how to calculate 10% per anum on a Judgment that was

I asked how to calculate 10% per anum on a Judgment that was filed 08/27/12 to 06/24/13.
I calculated the days (301) times $1.10/day (which is what I was told by the attorney I asked the question to) however I came up with a different amount than the attorney who gave me my answer. Please clarify?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
I did the math on this and I come up with 301 days at $1.11 a day for a total of $334.11
.
The other attorney calculated it to today, not June 24, 2013.
.
You also stated in the other question that the judgment was filed Aug 12, 2012, not Aug 27, 2012 as you state in this question.
.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes you are correct I did state a different range, but when I wanted to clarify, the other attorney was offline. He also stated the amount using $1.10/day.

It is actually a tiny bit over $1.11 a day... $1.1106 to be exact...
.
Let me know if yoy have any further questions...
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You.

You are very welcome. Glad I could help get this ironed out for you.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have another question

If you have a follow up question to your original, then I can help in this thread, But if you have a new, unrelated question, the site does require you to start a new question page, but you can request me, if you wish.

.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a couple of questions regarding WY statues.
These questions are in reference to filing a creditor's claim in a bankruptcy case - Amount of claim entitled to Priority:
Define: "Domestic Support Obligations" Under U.S.C. 507 (a)(1)(A) or (a)(1)(B).
And "Other" Specify applicable paragraph of 11 U.S.C. 507(a)(_).

Apparently this is Federal, however I still need to know the answers.

I'm happy to answer any follow up questions you may have that pertain to your original question. This appears to be a new question, and not a follow up. JustAnswer prefers that you open a new question page for new questions. This ensures that you'll have an accurate customer ratio on the site, and it helps us to give the best possible answers to your questions.

.

.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did and after watching several people say they were looking into it, no one responded...

The likely reason is that it shows that you have asked 4 questions and have not rated the expert's help on any of them... Experts are hesitant to get into a question when a customer has not rated any previous questions. When a customer rates a question positively, the expert who helped is compensated. Otherwise they get nothing.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I understand, however I am Attorney Fee poor, that's why I am using JA. All the questions I am asking are related to the same thing - A judgment I have against my ex who has cost me $1000's of dollars on attorney fees.

I can definitely understand finances being tight and the customer wanting to get the most for their money. But for the experts here, this is a job and if they don't think that they will be compensated for their work, then they can't afford to answer numerous related but different questions.
.
But I am not certifed in the bankruptcy category so I wouldn't be able to confidently provide information. If you repost your question in the bankruptcy category, you will likely have better luck. But it is a Sunday night and many attorneys aren't online now but will be back on Monday...
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay & thank you for your help. Have a nice evening.