CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

is it possible to get married in a church while still married....divorce

is it possible to get married in a church while still married....divorce is ongoing but just found out that divorce I thought went through never did. 3 years ago. would not go to court of course to sign official government paper work until divorce was finalized.

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. There is nothing that prevents you from having a wedding ceremony.

The state does not have any interest or control over these ceremonies with the exception that you must have one to become legally married. As you note, you may not become legally married until you have received your divorce decree. (At which time you will need to perform a second wedding ceremony to fulfill the requirements for marriage in the state of Ohio:

I hope that my answer was of assistance to you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you for your business!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so if I go thru ceremony do I face any legal trouble due to fact that still married. ..or can I do cceremony then go to court afterwards to get license

You can do a ceremony. It will not mean anything legally, you are not getting married as far as the state is concerned, but the state will not stop you from performing a ceremony (some people refer to this as a "commitment ceremony" instead of a wedding to avoid confusion).

If you wish to get legally married after the divorce decree is issued, you may do so, but you will have to go through a second ceremony as part of the requirements to solemnize a marriage. All benefits and duties that you owe as a married couple will date from the second ceremony.