Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Hi I been receiving letter to my address not with my name

Hi
I been receiving letter to my address not with my name from US census Bureau and since it doesn’t have my name didn’t pay attention and just threw them away. Once again I received another letter in demanding me to fill out by law. I don’t feel conferrable how these question are ask and are requesting information that I feel there are personal and in a communist society way .
How can I avoid this event since I feel they already have my personal information when I pay taxes?

Robert

If mail is coming addresses to XXXXX XXXXX, at your address, and there is no such person living there, then mark the envelope "no such person at this address" and give it back to your letter carrier. It sounds like part of the 2012 U.S. Economic Census which may be still going on.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My apology, the mail has only the home address no name on it from U.S. Economic Census. Am i still responsible to respond to that letter.

Possibly not. It sounds like what you have is the 2012 Economic Census which is sent to all U.S. businesses. If your home is just a residence you should fill it in and state that in order to have your address removed. If you are a business you are required to answer it. Here is more information on the subject: http://www.nfib.com/business-resources/business-resources-item?cmsid=61722