Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I was sued by a credit card company and missed the hearing

I was sued by a credit card company and missed the hearing due to medical problems. I recieved a judgement against me now they want me to list my assets. Is there any way to have the default judgement reversed? If not do I by law have to send them a list of my assets?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
If you were unable to attend and had a default judgment entered against you, then your recourse would be to file a motion to set aside the judgment. If you have a good reason, like a medical issue, and can provide adequate documentation, the judge will typically agree to set aside the judgment. If he does so, then puts the case back on the docket where they are suing you and the case moves forward from there.
.
It won't stop them from suing you, but it would delay them getting a judgment against you unless you have some legal defense against the suit.
.
If you don't file the motion to dismiss or the judge doesn't agree to dismiss it, then you wouldn't have to provide a list of assets until you are formally ordered to by the court.
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.