Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

Hi, Im thinking of starting a used / second hand underwear

I'm thinking of starting a used / second hand underwear business. I will have 2 separate websites. 1 men selling and 1 women selling. There will be customisation options so certain stains and semen will be included in some of the underwear etc. the buyer will buy used underwear choose to add stains then the seller will do what's required and send to the buyer.
I will get the sellers to confirm they are legal age and the buyers are legal age. Is this legal in the UK? Is it legal to send to the USA?

I've heard that you can't send certain items by Royal Mail. Is this right? Have you any idea which postal service allows me to send 'dirty' underwear?

Also what do I need to do to add pictures and videos of the sellers online. So pictures and videos of the sellers doing solo sexual acts. Obviously they are legal age. Do I just need a copy of their passport/I'd to confirm age and get the buyer to confirm the age?
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am JudgeLaw and I will do whatever I can to answer your question nd provide excellent service.

There is no statute prohibiting the sale of used undergarments in the US. I am, likewise, not aware of any law in the UK which you would be violating by selling used undergarments. In fact, you can find listings on Craig's List and other sites currently selling used undergarments.

It is only a legal issue if you would sell worn undergarments as new.

As far as posting photos and video, the production and distribution of child porn is a strict liability offense. That means that it does not matter if you examine the performer's ID. Even if they use a fake ID, you are liable if they are, in fact, underage. Therefore, you will want to be absolutely positive you are not dealing with underage performers.

It is my privilege to assist you. Let me know if you need further information. I hope I have helped you beyond your expectations in the service I have provided to you. I am here for you.

Please remember to rate my answer when our communication is completed so I will be compensated for my time in providing you with the information you requested.

If you feel the need to provide a low rating, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will happily answer your follow-up questions and assist you until I am able to explain the answer to your satisfaction. Please also remember that I cannot control whether the law is favorable to your situation, so please do not penalize me for having to deliver bad news.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, Thanks for your reply,
I have received confirmation from 2 different Trading Standards authorities saying it is legal to sell used garments. So it legal to send boxer shorts with bodily fluids on? Is there any more detail you can give. Or is it just basically Yes it's legal go ahead.

Regarding the videos - would a copy of the passport not be enough? What else could I get off the performer?
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX following up with me.

It is, basically, dirty laundry. Just seal it in plastic so odors and other things do not escape the package and you should not have a problem.

I do not know of a sure fire way of confirming someone is not underage. The best strategy is to avoid anyone with whom there is the least bit of doubt. As I said, it is strict liability. Your belief or intent is not a relevant factor in a child porn charge.

I hope this is helpful.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
1 last thing sorry.
And you are sure about this in the UK. I know a couple of countries have banned it so I wouldn't be able to send from the UK to those countries. Do you have any idea which countries these are?
Also regarding the post. I know Royal Mail doesn't allow biological substances etc. but you are saying If it is in a zip bag and sealed everything will be ok to post?
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX I need
I am a US attorney. I am not aware of anywhere where it is illegal to send dirty laundry. You are not shipping bodily fluids. You are shipping dirty laundry and that is the position I would take to avoid any tangential issues.

I hope it is helpful.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That definitely helps.
So are semen and urine and sweat stains not classed as bodily fluids? They are just stains but not classed as bodily fluids?
Correct, they are just stains and not wet when you send them. They are just dirty laundry.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you
I hope these messages will be emailed me as a transcript for further reference?
Very satisfied thanks
Thank you for your positive rating of my service to you. Let me know if you need more help or have future questions. I will be here for you. Just ask for me by name at the start of your question - "JudgeLaw" or use the following link (which you can bookmark in your browser):

Best wishes and good luck to you.

If it is not too much trouble, when you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JA/Pearl in a day or two, please do rate me highly (9 or 10). It affects my ability to continue to assist you and other customers on JA/Pearl and would be most appreciated.