Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I am taking court ordered domestic violence classes for pleading

I am taking court ordered domestic violence classes for pleading guilty to a class 3 misdemeanor. I am five classes from completion but my file was sent back to the judge for too many absences; in other words, non compliance. Missed classes were due to financial hardship
I have no court date but was told by the class facilitator just to show up in court. By the way I was in class when I got kicked out. What can I expect in court?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation.

What was your original sentence?

Are you on probation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I paid a small fine and was ordered to take DV classes. My one year unsupervised probation ends in August.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My one year unsupervised probation ends next month. I paid a 400 dollar fine.

Dear Tina,

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, if you did not comply with the court ordered DV Classes on time, the judge will review your situation and will listen to your explanation and the the judge will make a decision on whether to give you more time to complete your required DV classes or to violate your probation and to re-sentence you.

Unfortunately, if your probation is violated, under Arizona law, you can be sentenced to up to 30 days in jail, but in most cases a judge would extend your probation and order you to pay another fine, unless the court feels that you willfully and intentionally failed to complete these DV classes and not due to some type of undue hardship.

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know if you have any related follow up questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have until aug 30 to complete my court ordered classes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have until Aug 30 to complete my classes.

Dear Tina,

Generally, as long as you comply with all the classes by August 31, 2013 and also explain the fact why you have missed the classes to the judge, the court is likely to allow you to complete your sentence.

I wish you the best of luck!