Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

Someone has posted a very negative post about me in,

Customer Question

Someone has posted a very negative post about me in, I have no idea where it comes from, but I would like to know what options I have when someone says what they say in the report. i.e. that I am a sexual predator for underage girls.

They name me by name and reference to a site I own/run.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 3 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

You do have the option of addressing the report directly through Ripoff Report, by filing a rebuttal. They also have an arbitration procedure that you may be able to use to have Ripoff Report assist.

The other option is to file suit for defamation of character. Defamation is an untrue factual statement that harms the reputation of the person about whom the statement is made. Accusing someone of having sex with underage girls is defamation per se - you need only prove that they said it before you can collect damages. Since the report is filed anonymously, you would have to try to subpeona user information from Ripoff Report (unless you can prove who posted it). That means filing a lawsuit first, which can be done against John Doe and amended later. A local attorney may be able to help with that. A good place to look for someone near you is

You would need a court order to get Ripoff Report to remove the article.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.