Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.

My Name isXXXXX I had worked for this lady she

My Name isXXXXX I had worked for this lady she owns a gas station and store. she had hired me on the spot and started working same day as a stocker and cook in a out side hot stand. she wanted to pay cash and I was uneasy about that. I figure she wanted just to see how I worked. I told her that I had some problems with my back and hands before she hired me but. this is not the issue. I had work an couple weeks had a lot of hours and then nothing. she kept telling me that she has't made up a schule yet. she had set that since she hired me. I got tired of weighting and look for other employment. I was hired some place else and went to her store the same day to let her know. Later I was told from people that I know that would stop there told me that she was saying bad things about me. like i was lazy, wouldnt do any thing, that would set in the cooler all day. this is not true any body that worked with had nothing bad to say about me that they braged about how I worked. and any body that know me would tell you that I was a good worker. I would let this go but I am tired of people that has back stading me. Sorry i go on somtimes and thanks Richard Paskins
Hello Richard,

Thank you for the information. Can you tell me what your specific legal question is? Did you ever get paid for the work that you did? Do you know about how many employees she has?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sue for defamation of carector

Hello again and thank you for your question. Yes, if this person is making false statements of fact about you and the statements are damaging to your reputation, you could file suit for defamation of character. If you want to do that, then you will need to sit down with a local trial/litigation attorney who handles non-physical injury torts (which is what defamation is.) You can discuss all the facts of your case and they can tell you whether they think it would be worth it for you to file suit or whether it would be better just to send a "cease and desist" letter. But that is up to you and your attorney.

Also, just so you know, if this person did not pay you for all of your work, you can file a wage complaint with the Ohio Bureau of Wage and Hour. You can find out how to do that by going to:

Please let me know if you need any clarification. I would be glad to assist you further if I can.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You

You're welcome and best of luck to you!