Alexia Esq.
Alexia Esq., Managing Attorney
Experience:  19 Years of Legal Practice Experience in this precise field.
10805288

Hello. I got 2 DUIs in Illinois about 5 years ago, and still

Hello. I got 2 DUI's in Illinois about 5 years ago, and still have not gone to get my license back. I'm moving to Florida in a week. Can I get a new license in Florida or do I have to have it reinstated in Illinois first?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I thank you for your inquiry. I have been practicing law for 19+ years and look forward to assisting you.

With regard to your post:

Hello. I got 2 DUI's in Illinois about 5 years ago, and still have not gone to get my license back. I'm moving to Florida in a week. Can I get a new license in Florida or do I have to have it reinstated in Illinois first?You should NOT have to reinstated it in IL first. However, generally, you will have to have all restriction from doing so gone. Thus, all suspension/revocation periods will have to be expired, all fines paid, all classes enjoyed, etc. Thus, while still in IL, you may want to take a visit to your DMV and confirm what is left on your list of things 'to do' to make your privilege unrestricted.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions.

Sincerely,
Alexia Esq.