Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
18572087

Im a women illegal in California and I want to get married

I'm a women illegal in California and I want to get married with an American citizen Women with two kids.What are my rights and what papers do I Need? Thanks!
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Where exactly do you seek to get married? In what state or what county in that state? Some counties have very different regulations of what is required for a valid marriage ceremony to take place. Plus, the fact that you are 'illegal' by your own words may make the process far more difficult to accomplish. Please advise so I can best assist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We live in Newark,ca would be in San Francisco,California. I came with a tourist visa now my permit to remain in the country has expired about 7 years ago.My Visa hasn't expired yet. Mi ID is a consular matricula.

Thank you for your follow-up, Laura. I believe I found the information that you were seeking. Please allow me to post it below for your review. If you have any questions, please press reply and I will do my best to answer them:

Requirements for a Public Marriage License

Marriage License

By prepaid confirmed marriage license reservation only. Reservations are available Monday-Friday beginning 8:15 a.m. and every half hour between 8:30 a.m. through 3:30 p.m.

Reservations may be scheduled and paid for through the online reservation system, or in person at our office Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Issuance Time

Marriage license is issued within 30 minutes of checking in for your marriage license reservation appointment.

Age Requirement

Both parties must be at least age18. Person(s) under age 18 with written consent of at least one parent (or legal guardian) and written permission from a San Francisco Juvenile Court Judge may marry.

Blood Test

Not required.

Attendance

Both parties must be present to file the application for and be issued a marriage license.

Legal Photo I.D.

Both parties must present valid authentic legal photo identification card containing photograph, full legal name, date of birth, date of issue, and date of expiration (Examples: passport, driver's license, naturalization certificate, resident alien card, military I.D.) If the legal picture I.D. card does not contain your full legal name you must also present a certified copy of birth certificate or social security card, showing your full legal name.

Note: Original identity documents in a foreign language must be translated into English by a Court certified translator or American Translators Association (ATA) certified translator and must be presented along with the translation.

Previous Marriages or State Registered Domestic Partnerships

You will need to know the exact date your last marriage or State Registered Domestic Partnership (SRDP) legally ended. If your last marriage/SRDP ended within 90 days of your marriage license reservation date, a "certified" copy of divorce, annulment, termination, or death record must be presented at the time of your appointment.

Note: The “certified” copy must have an original court seal and a signature (or signature stamp) of the court clerk. It is the original seal and court clerk signature (certification) that make this a “certified” copy.

The “CONFORMED / FILED / ENDORSED” stamp in the top right corner of the copy of the court order (usually issued by your attorney) is NOT the court clerk’s certification and will NOT be accepted.

Certified Copies in a foreign language must be translated into English by a Court certified translator or American Translators Association (ATA) certified translator and must be presented along with the translation.

Validity

Public marriage licenses are valid for 90 days from issuance date for a ceremony anywhere in the State of California. A marriage license is only a permit to get married and you are not married until a ceremony is performed by an authorized person.

License Fee

$100.00* - collected at the time of scheduling. Cash, money order, or debit card only in person (price subject to change). Visa/Mastercard online only. (*plus $5.00 convenience fee)

The location for this is:
San Francisco County Clerk
City Hall, Suite 168
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place
San Francisco, CANNN-NN-NNNNbr/> Phone:(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>