William B. Esq.
William B. Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

bought new dodge challenger 1 week later in shop with magor

bought new dodge challenger 1 week later in shop with magor corosian under car now 3 weeks later runaround no help can i get my money back
Expert:  William B. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would like to assist you, but I do need some additional information. When you say you purchased a new vehicle, was the car brand new, or was it a used car (there are significant differences in the rights and warranties that apply).

Customer:

the car was brand new no miles

Customer:

i bought car june 15,2013

William B. Esq. :

If I understand correctly, you have had a brand new car for less than a month. In that time you have found significant weather damage under the vehicle, and gone through the manufacturer to process your warranty rights, but after two inspections you are no longer having any luck receiving information from them. Is that right?

Customer:

yes i aksed for equal exchange or money back

Customer:

they keep saying tomarrow

William B. Esq. :

It appears that the coverage under the warranty is not currently questioned. You can capitalize on this lack of action by a party through a "confirmation letter" which basically says "Dear Bob, as you and I have discussed on dates x, y, and z, and we can agree the problem is covered by your warranty, I am writing to follow up on your lack of response" You can then ask them to respond within a specified time.

Remember, these are general terms for demand letters, you need to use your own facts, and if possible cite the specific parts of your contract (warranty) that support the exchange/money back options.

William B. Esq. :

If you are unable to work out a resolution with the company in a reasonable amount of time, you can file a court action for breach of contract to enforce the warranty (you may be able to use mediation or arbitration instead - check the warranty "dispute resolution" (or similar wording) section for these procedures).

Customer:

thank you i will read warranty papers and write letter

William B. Esq. :

You are welcome. When you are entering a dispute over a contract with this type of value, a careful review is important, it will have all of your rights contained inside it.

William B. Esq. :

I do hope that they make good on the warranty quickly so that you can avoid some of these dispute procedures and processes.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, my apologies, the system didn't kick over yet. You may rate my response now, if you have any follow up questions please do not hesitate to ask. Best regards, Bill

William B. Esq., Attorney
Experience: Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.