Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

I have purchased whole grain cereal from Post at Albertsons

I have purchased whole grain cereal from Post at Albertson's grocery on Tuesday with my debit card. But when I opened the box of the cereal I found gigantic insects in the box (alive). I have no idea how the insects alive in the box. What should I do?
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did you save the receipt and did you bring the box back to the store for a full refund and did you discuss this issue with the manager?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately I didn't keep the receipt and didn't go to store manager yet. But I bought it with my debit card and also the box have the barcode number to track... hopefully? Should I first talk with the manager?

Thank you for your follow up.

It would be a good idea to take photos of the box and the insects and then take it back to the store and speak to manager about this issue.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that the manager would offer you any type of serious compensation for your trouble, but you should get a full refund and an apology.

I wish you the best of luck!