WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney

Hello, I agreed to make payments of $300.00 monthly and Im

Hello, I agreed to make payments of $300.00 monthly and I'm a few months away of paying it in full. I fell (1) payment behind but caught up by making 2 payments. The attorney has filed a motion to enter a judgment of the remaining small balance even though I have caught up on the payments. They also filed I was 90 days behind but I was only 45 days behind when I caught up on the payments. I looked in the court records and it stated ATP; JUDG ON STIPULATION ;50. Can I show that payments are all caught up or will the judge just enter a judgment against me. They stated I consented to a judgment. Is there anything I can do to stop this judgment especially since I'm no longer behind. Thank you.
Expert:  WALLSTREETFIGHTER replied 1 year ago.

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello I am a licensed attorney. I am here to help answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification

WALLSTREETLAW :

you should file an answer to the lawsuit, and claim you have the money to pay,

WALLSTREETLAW :

and at Court provide the other side the money owed, and the Judge in most cases will settle the case.

WALLSTREETLAW :

You have a right to challenge the matter, and you should do this in Court,

Customer:

Hello, I'm paid up to date and the remaining balance is approximately $2000.

WALLSTREETLAW :

if you are up to date,

WALLSTREETLAW :

you would be fine,

WALLSTREETLAW :

but you need to go to court and make sure the judgment is not issued

Customer:

The attorney has filed judgment for the remaining balance stating I'm 90 days late which is not true. I double my payment and now paid to date. What should I file to show proof?

WALLSTREETLAW :

you would have to go to court and ask the procedure to reopen the case, and lift the judgment,

WALLSTREETLAW :

or you can wait till the entire payment is made, and have the creditor.

WALLSTREETLAW :

,

WALLSTREETLAW :

file a satisfaction of judgment

WALLSTREETLAW :

and remove the judgment

Customer:

Do you happen to know what this means ATP; JUDG ON STIPULATION 50 I also signed an agreement to make all payments which I have done for the last four years, this is the 1st time I fell behind for 1 month and the signed papers states I consent to a judgment if I fail to make payments. Can I fix this.

WALLSTREETLAW :

That you signed a stipulation stating that you agree to a judgment

WALLSTREETLAW :

if you miss one or any payments or are late, you agreed to give them the right to an automatic judgment

Customer:

I'm not due again until August should I still pay or ask the attorney could they vacate the judgment or try to ask the court to re-open the case. Do I even have the option to ask the court?

WALLSTREETLAW :

You should continue to pay, and go to the court and see if they have a process to reopen the judgment,

WALLSTREETLAW :

You can ask to file an Order to Show Cause, or motion to lift or vacate the Judgment

WALLSTREETLAW :

There should be some procedure allowing you to reopen the matter,

WALLSTREETLAW :

if not contact the creditor and they may remove it.

WALLSTREETLAW :

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

WALLSTREETLAW :

If satisfied please provide us with positive feedback, thank you

Customer:

Thank you so much for all of your help. I will try to get this matter resolved with the creditors or go to court to get the case re-open. thank you again for your 5 star service.

WALLSTREETLAW :

good luck,

WALLSTREETLAW :

You should contact the attorneys office first, they may do this for you.

Customer:

Yes I will thank you!

WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience: 14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney