Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

It goes on and on.

Customer Question

It goes on and on. My lawyer sent very good, forceful letter 2 weeks ago. Requested all missing discovery and if he does not comply, will depose my husband and possibly family members. (he owns a company, claims it makes nothing, not true, although profits down). Also stated that as an alternative, he can give me a large lump sum. I know my husband would hate to be deposed. At this point I don't know what the company is worth or anything else. Have not heard back from other lawyer - turns out he has a (third) lawyer now from same firm. They do not return calls. Husband is now telling me I can be copied on discovery docs and he has submitted everything. I know he is a liar, yet continues to tell me he is telling the truth. Pretended not to know he sold the house to the family trust for a dollar last year. Says my lawyer is bleeding me and will get him for slander (ridiculous). He is trying to wear me down so I wil give up and take the low amount. Alsox, my lawyer told them that trust was created few months prior to divorce. It was, but my husband would not let me see it and says that I am in it and will leave me a little money (prior to divorce). Does the fact that I am in it, but NOT a trustee/no rights go against me? He says it was not a divorce trust. Such a mess. Also if we depose I have to petition court for attorney fees. Don't know how I could afford the court costs. Any thoughts on what he and new lawyer may do? This is third one! P.S. My lawyer does not have the trust. Husband claims he sent it months ago.

.I am sorry if this is rambling. I am worn down. Everyone is, which is what my husband wants. We have a pre-trial hearing Sept 11, husband claims we won't make it. I do not know what to do, or why no reply from his lawyer. I know you are not a magician. ....

My lawyer said today that he "does not recall" seeing the trust document he asked for in the letter, and he would check. This is worrisome to me. I am afraid he is overwhelmed. Last week he could not find copy of temporary orders. I am in too deep with this now.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Fran, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You can close the question