Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Is it legal to pay and receive referral fees in mass, i.e.

Is it legal to pay and receive referral fees in mass, i.e. Business A refers a customer to business B, and business B sells that customer a service,then pays business A a referral fee.
Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

The answer very much depends on the type of business you are asking about. If I may ask, what industry are you referring to?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX been unable to find rules & regs (as in AG office) pertaining to paying referral fees. Am I correct in assuming they exist somewhere?

Thank you again,

They (meaning limitations of what is essentially a kick-back) are based on a specific industry. You would need to look to the Mass Business Activity Code located below and research the specific industry and their limitations:

Good luck!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you again, I missed your earlier quest. I am referring to the solar (photovoltaic) industry. My plan is to solicit merchants to display information about our service and pay them a referral fee if their customers by a PV system from us.

Best regards,