Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

If property is owned in an LLC and the mortgage is in the individual

If property is owned in an LLC and the mortgage is in the individual name, how should this information be entered on the individual's financial statement?

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

What financial statement are you referring to please?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A individual personal financial statement to a bank

I see. For what purpose is the financial statement being provided to the bank?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the bank requires an updated personal financial statement annually due to mortgages on real estate investment properties I own

I see. Thank you for clarifying that, Deane.

I would typically include the mortgage since that is in your name and either omit the asset altogether or make a notation using an asterisk indicating that the underlying asset is owned by an LLC for which you are an owner (assuming that is true).

Then you would typically include your interest in the LLC as an asset which should include the value of the underlying property for which you are obligated to pay on the loan.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.