Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

How do I get a copy of the transcript from a demurrer hearing?

How do I get a copy of the transcript from a demurrer hearing? I would like to get a copy of the court reporter's transcript from a recent demurrer hearing. Can I get this at the clerk's office? The hearing was yesterday.

Orange County Superior Court, Central Justice Center
Welcome and thank you for your question

I am an attorney with more than 25 years of experience and I look forward to providing you true and correct information in this regard.

Please remember, I can only answer what you ask and so if you have follow up questions, please post them here for full and accurate information before rating.

Yes, if there was a court report at the hearing, then you go to the Clerk of the Court and ask who the Court Reporter was. You will contact them directly. They will estimate how long the transcription is and give you an estimated cost for the processing of the hearing into a transcript.

It runs about $5.50 a page. And the will want at least 1/2 up front.