Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

► Background: I am now a JustAnswer "member," asking most legal

► Background: I am now a JustAnswer "member," asking most legal questions.
► Goal: I want to make my questions appealing for legal experts to answer.
► Concern: How to best tip/phrase answers appropriately, or what do I need to know?
► Question: What should I do to make my questions appealing for experts to answer?

JD 1992 :

Hello and thank you for contacting Just Answer. I am an expert here and I look forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification.

JD 1992 :

Generally, for subscription customers experts look for short fact patterns with clear questions.

JD 1992 :

These allow us to provide answers quickly.

JD 1992 :

The things that make an expert less likely to pick up on a question are extremely complicated fact patterns dealing with multiple areas of the law and then with multiple questions.

JD 1992 :

Also, questions asking for case law or specific cites, as opposed to answers, will often be answered last if at all because of the time involved as well as the expense the expert incurs in accessing case law databases.

JD 1992 :

If you have multiple questions on a topic the best thing to do is post the first question and then ask the remainder of the questions one at a time in separate threads. Most experts will want you to ask for them again on the next question, which you can do in the first words of your new question, like this "THIS QUESTION IS FOR JD 1992".

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems I could offer a tip amount in the header of the question, do you have any suggestions for amounts, or the practice of offering tips in the question?

You can certainly put that in there, whatever you think is reasonable for the question. It's just an extra so whatever you believe is appropriate is fine. Most of us pick up on the questions if they are interesting and we can answer quickly.