How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 35304
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I pass my interest in our home from tenants in common

This answer was rated:

How can I pass my interest in our home from tenants in common while I am alive to my son without having him be responsible for my credit card debt?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
Unless there is some type of lien on the property now, you could just quitclaim deed the home to son right now and it would not be subject to any debt that you owed other than any mortgage.
Debts like credit cards don't automatically attach to a home unless the creditor has sued and gotten a judgment against the debtor and then filed a lien.
So if there is no lien, you can deed it to him right now and get it out of your name.






If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.


I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Barrister and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

Related Legal Questions