Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

How can I pass my interest in our home from tenants in common

How can I pass my interest in our home from tenants in common while I am alive to my son without having him be responsible for my credit card debt?
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
Unless there is some type of lien on the property now, you could just quitclaim deed the home to son right now and it would not be subject to any debt that you owed other than any mortgage.
Debts like credit cards don't automatically attach to a home unless the creditor has sued and gotten a judgment against the debtor and then filed a lien.
So if there is no lien, you can deed it to him right now and get it out of your name.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.