Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

What do i need legally in the state of texas for my children

What do i need legally in the state of texas for my children to attend home schooling?

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good morning.

RayAnswers :

Here you would remove your children from the public school system,.You need to inform their school that you are now sending them to a private school (Homeschools are private schools in Texas), that you are aware of the laws, and that you are in compliance with them. (Without this notification, the schools might send a truant officer to your home, thinking your children are skipping school.) A suggested format for such a letter can be found below.
Please note that you do not need to wait until the end of a semester or the end of a grading period to withdraw your child. Base the timing on your child's needs, not on the school's schedule.
After receiving notification, the school may send you a questionnaire. You do not have to fill this out beyond stating that you are in compliance with the law (that you have a written curriculum designed to meet basic education goals of reading, spelling, grammar, mathematics and a study of good citizenship, which you are pursuing in a bona fide manner).

I do not see the suggested format for the letter, could you send it to me at my e-mail [email protected] And i thank you for your help.

Overall here a simple letter to the school district explaining to them that you are going to home school your child and are withdrawing them from the school they were in here will keep the school district from harassing you in this situation.

You may also want to locate a homeschooling support group here as they can be invaluable in providing support and assistance in home schoolling you child.

I appreciate the chance to assist you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks.again.

Law in Texas allowing home schooling..

The requirements are that you disenroll them from the public school in writing and that you home school them..

Please let me know if you have more follow up.I appreciate the chance to help you today.

Here is the largest home school group in Texas, they have many benefits and assistance for members, check it out..

They can help with curriculum, etc..