Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

AM I ALLOWED TO CARRY A SIDE ARM ON MY OWN PROPERTY IN MISSOURI

AM I ALLOWED TO CARRY A SIDE ARM ON MY OWN PROPERTY IN MISSOURI WITH OUT ANY LICENSE. I HAVE 5 ACRES HERE AND DO NOT LIKE SNAKES LOL LOL LOL.
Hello and thank you for using JA! My goal is to provide you with excellent service and help with your legal problem.
.
Under Missouri's open carry laws, you do not need any type of permit to carry a weapon openly visible while properly holstered or slung. This is under the MO State Constitution, Bill of Rights, Section 23, which states:
.
That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned; but this shall not justify the wearing of concealed weapons.
.
The only thing that could hamper this is some type of local regulation because MO says that local ordinances will control the regulation of open carry.
.
But assuming there is no local ordinance, there is no legal restriction on open carry...
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

If you need further help, just reply to me via the “REPLY” button and I will be happy to continue.

.

I cannot enter into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.