How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering what I need to do to have emails retracted

This answer was rated:

I was wondering what I need to do to have emails retracted from an incorrect email address? I was told by Google the only way to do this is to have an attorney contact their legal department. Please advise on the cost of this service thank you

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I am afraid that the company is under no legal obligation to provide such a service to you purely based on your request. While you can attempt to compel, only an attorney can have at least some success here. The cost of an attorney contacting them would likely be somewhere between $300-$750, and if they agree, your costs would cease at that point. But if the company refuses to oblige, then filing against them would be the nest step, and then the expenses can become far more extensive. If you are seeking counsel who can help, please look for an intellectual property attorney with some litigation experience--you should be able to find such counsel by browsing the listings at and

Good luck.


Thank you for your follow-up. In your other post you asked:

Hello Mr. Esquire, So I have to contact a property attorney for this issue is this correct? I spoke with Google and they told me to contact my legal representative and have them get in touch with Google so the emails can be retracted. Please advise
That is correct, you would need an intellectual property attorney to contact the company on your behalf. That is a specialist who have the necessary training and knowledge to have the best chance in prevailing against the company on your behalf.

Good luck.

Dimitry K., Esq. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you