P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My wife brought home a tiny dog she said she watch for a friend,

My wife brought home a tiny dog she said she watch for a friend, then the aforementioned friend need a place to stay while he goes through some court processes. Getting back on track with his life so to say. So being generous & responsible a loan of $1,000 is offered to our now new houseguest@ 10%·
The court processes are to get a drivers' license. Later upon my instincts. I have my traffic atty. look into this guest' s case only to find a career criminal with 6 felony convictions and a narcotic possession charge that is the real court issue. ith another hearing i hn 2 weeks. He is still using I bve. How do I have this person removed from my King County,WA Home? Need a Human Pest Control technician for immediate services.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Can you tell me, do you have a rental agreement with this person? Are they paying you rent?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Family law & tenant/landlord laws may apply. Even guest status has been seriously abused.
Please advise as I no longer feel safe in my own home ?!?
JJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
JJ
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
I notice you have "relisted" the question based on answer quality.

Sorry for the confusion...I had not provided an answer...I merely asked a question to help me understand your case (to allow me to provide a quality answer).

Can you tell me

do you have a rental agreement with this person? Are they paying you rent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No rental agreement in place.
Thx, JJ
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you sir

Just a moment and I will type an answer....

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
Sir, even with no rental agreement, and no rent, you still have an obligation to provide this person with "tenants rights" before you can evict.

Specifically, you are required to provide them notice, in writing, and the opportunity to find a new place to live. So you will need to give them 30 days notice in writing.

It is best if you keep a copy of the notice (so if you are forced to go to court, you can prove to the judge what you provided them).

If, after the 30 days have elapsed, and they are still in the home? Then you can take them to court and evict. Once the court evicts, you can have the sheriff "evict" them from the home.

It is important to follow the legal procedure. If you try and evict without notice, or without a court order? They can actually take you to court and sue you for unlawful eviction

So, to answer the question

How do I have this person removed from my King County,WA Home?

You provide them notice in writing to leave within 30 days.

If they refuse, head to the King County court, talk to the clerk of the court. He or she will give you the forms needed to file the eviction case...typically you can get into court in a few days. THe judge order eviction (once you show a copy of the notice) and you can take this order to the Sheriff who will remove this person from your home

Please let me know if you have more questions...happy to assist if I can
P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience: 16 yrs. of trial experience