How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrea, Esq. Your Own Question
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12554
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Andrea, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Am going thru foreclosure and would like to protect remaining

This answer was rated:

Am going thru foreclosure and would like to protect remaining assets from Bank of America or one of their collection agencies if they don't get all the money they want when the house is sold at auction. We have a piece of property and three vehicles that are paid for that would like to protect. Should I transfer the title of these to my children though a bill of sale? Thanks, Jeff

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,



You can transfer title through a Bill of Sale, but keep in mind that after the foreclosure, the lender can take an "Asset Deposition" to find out where your assets are and they will inevitably ask you if you transferred any property within the last 6 months or so. Therefore, indicate on the Bill of Sale an amount which you can claim that your children paid you for the transfer,





Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,


Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,





Andrea, Esq. and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you