Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

Where do I Begin, I feel I am in quite a bind...See two Fridays

Where do I Begin, I feel I am in quite a bind...See two Fridays ago I let my mother borrow my car and it was involved in a three car accident. Two people went to the hospital that day. one of the ladies involved and my mother. My mother as far as I know is okay , but I have no word on the condition of the other lady,

I picked up the accident report yesterday and it stated that my mother was at fault. My car is possibly totaled and the other two cars I saw was in bad shape. Though I have no Idea the extent of the damages on either vehicle including mine.

The report said that my mother failed to yield the right of way and car #2 had was forced to stop on account of her causing him to get hit by another car,

Since I only have liability , through liberty mutual, They told me over the phone that they will not pay for anything.

Have no Idea what to do never been in this kind of situation, and my driving record has been pretty clean until now.
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

I am sorry to hear about the unfortunate accident, but I am glad that nobody was seriously hurt.

If your mother has collision insurance through her automobile insurance company, then her insurance company will cover her and the damage done to all the vehicles. Be sure that your mother files a claim as soon as possible so that they do not reject the claim as being filed late. Even though you do not have collision, file a claim immediately with your insurance company for the liability part of the claim and keep them informed on everything.

____________________________________________________________________

If I have not Answered your question completely, please use the "Reply" button to let me know and I will be glad to explain further,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are the others invloved llikely to come after me? I was told that the lady that hit the man took her seat belt off right before the accident because she saw my momma comming. Do you think the insurance company will pay for the lady's injuries as well , she shared the ambulance with my mother.

In addition my car was broken into before I could tow it in front of my house while it was sitting over night. Who ever did it stole everything and vandalized the front of my air conditioning unit and stole the face of my CD player. I filed a police report on this incident

Would the last paragraph go with the accident claim? Or do I chalk it up as a loss?

Hji, Nellvetta, I wish I had a crystal ball so that I can foresee the future.

If they felt that you had assets, they can come after you as the owner of the vehicle, but as for your other question as to what the insurance company will do and who they will pay, if I could Answer those questions, I would be able to tell the future,

_______________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How will I know if they are going to come after me? Like would the sheif serve a summons? Should I just cross that bridge if I get to it?

Hi, again, Nellvetta, Yes, you are jumping the gun. The majority of these cases are settled without ever having a trial, so I really think you are worrying yourself needlessly.

Relax, enjoy the day, have a good day, worrying will not change things. And, if you have noticed, the things that worry us the most, never actually happen, so do not worry, Please be kind enough to give me a rating so that I can receive credit for assisting you. It does not cost you anything additional to give a rating, Thank you for understanding,

__________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.