Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

My x and I had a house in her name and windows in my name we

My x and I had a house in her name and windows in my name we both paid on equally. We were not married. When she left me I told her she could have the house and windows. As long as she assumed the debt I was ok with the loss on my investment. I simply want to know how to protect myself.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you correct Answers

1. Did you charge the windows on a credit card ?

2. How much is still owed on them ?

3. Does your ex have good credit ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She has poor credit . it was a loan in my name. 16500

the company would not let her take it over.

Hi, Jessie,

There is really no way that you can force her to pay for the windows. However, if she agrees, you can put a lien on the property so that if she does decide to sell it, she will not be able to convey clear title unless she pays whatever balance is left at that time. If she does not agree, then you will have to file a lawsuit against her, obtain a judgment against her and then put a lien on the property whether she agrees to the lien or not.

As an added measure of security that she is continuing to pay as she agreed to, you can ask her to send you proof of payment each month or each quarter and compare that with the statements you receive for your loan,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,