Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

well just about 2 hours ago 5 police officers showed up at

well just about 2 hours ago 5 police officers showed up at my house didn't say way or what they were here for but was asking about someone that has a camper here at the house then started running vin #on cars and trailers which i had a trailer hooked up to my truck that i was going to use to take junk to dump well it came up stolen i had no knowage of but want to charge me with i borrowed the trailer from the person that lives downstairs from me he never said it was stolen he not here and i can't get ahold of him can they do this

Hi, Jim, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your question,

If the police had a lead on stolen campers or vehicles that might be at the location of where you live, then the police had a right to be there. Now, if they had asked to search your home, that would have been illegal because they could not expect to finda camper or other vehicle inside, but if they were looking at those that were parked outside, then it was legal for them to run the VIN Numbers on the campers, vehicles, and trailers that were parked outside.

As long as they took your report in which you listed your neighbor as the owner and you explained that you were just borrowing it and had no idea that it was stolen, you should not have any problem with the police. Do not worry about trying to get a hold of your neighbor. In fact, I think it would be better if you did not speak with him because you do not want to give the police the impression that you are acting along with your neighbor in stealing these trailers.

_____________________________________________________________________

If I have not Answered your question completely, please use the "Reply" button to let me know and I will be glad to explain further,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Hi, Jim,

I see that you have had the opportunity to review my Answer. Is there something that I can clarify for you? If not, please be kind enough to rate my service to you so that I can receive credit for researching your question and furnishing you with Answers and information, otherwise I will not receive credit for assisting you. The deposit you made is with JustAnswer and it will not cost you anything additional to rate my service to you, but without a rating, I do not receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you for understanding,

ANDREA

Hi, Jim, Thank you so much for the Excellent Service rating and the Bonus, I appreciate both very much. If you have any other questions now or in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question like this,

"For Andrea only .......... "

Thank you again for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA