Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

Dear ZDNLaw I.I am sending letter.to my attorney Please edit

Customer Question

Dear ZDNLaw
I.I am sending letter.to my attorney Please edit if you could and advise what it make mo cense filing to(1 )or ( 2) (red)

I really can’t understand your position regarding my inquires to send defendant letter with new payment schedule. In your e-mail (June 27,2013) you replay , that this is unwise tactic and it is your right, in your professional opinion as my lawyer, detrimental what best to my interests. My question that you never answer what your professional suggestion to handle my case to represent my best interests. In your E-mail (July 8,20-13) you point out and I quote” I have no plan other than to keep pestering him for the money.”In my opinion send him new payment schedule it is also one way prodding him for the money. I have requested many times, over three months ,to send defendant letter with new payment schedule. Please send him immediately before July 11, 2013 or I will have no choice but filing complaint with (1) disciplinary consul for them to decide or(2) better to Santa Clara Bar association

2. Regarding your letter that you sent me Saturday, May 04,2013 and I am quote” “What I would do is send your attorney a request for a release of his lien on the remainder of the judgment and for a copy of the relevant portions of your file so that you can attempt to collect from the defendant for your self.”
Please draft very short letter to attorney
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Customer:

Thanks for your questions and good evening.Your prior expert is unavailable so please let me assist you.

Customer:

A sample letter here.

Customer:

Dear Mr. Jones,

Customer:

In your prior letter to me you asserted that in your professional opinion that my requested course of action is not prudent. Please outline for me the prudent course of action you are planning on taking to represent my best interests so that you have properly communicated the legal plan of action you are taking to me as your client as required by the rules of professional conduct. I am willing to cooperate with you and rely on your professional expertise as long as you communicate that legal plan to me and I am kept apprised of what is going on as you are required to do."

That will let him know you intend to cooperate, so he cannot withdraw citing you refuse to cooperate and want to take improper actions and it also puts him on the spot to tell you what he is going to do. The rules of professional conduct do mandate

Customer:

I am requesting that you send the debtor a new payment schedule to try and force resolution and payment of this matter.

Customer:

I am asking that you do this immediately.If you fail to do so I wll be forced to file a professional grievance as I feel you have not acted professionally to try and collect the debt involved.

Customer:

Alternatively I am asking for a release of your lien on the remainder of th e judgment and the immediate return of my case files so that I may proceed with collections in this matter.

Customer:

Sincerely Yours.

Customer:

Something like this, feel free to modify it here.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you another copy of a sample letter to the lawyer.

Bob Jones, Attorney at Law

XXXXX Anywhere

Dear Mr. Jones,

In your prior letter to me you asserted that in your professional opinion that my requested course of action is not prudent. Please outline for me the prudent course of action you are planning on taking to represent my best interests so that you have properly communicated the legal plan of action you are taking to me as your client as required by the rules of professional conduct.

I am willing to cooperate with you and rely on your professional expertise as long as you communicate that legal plan to me and I am kept apprised of what is going on as you are required to do.

It is my belief that further collection action is the proper means to collect this. am requesting that you send the debtor a new payment schedule to try and force resolution and payment of this matter.

:

I am asking that you do this immediately.If you fail to do so I will be forced to file a professional grievance as I feel you have not acted professionally to try and collect the debt involved.

Alternatively if you are not willing to attempt further collection activity I am asking for a release of your lien on the remainder of the judgment and the immediate return of my case files so that I may proceed with collections in this matter.

Sincerely Yours,

Your name

You would file your complaint here with the California Bar, here is there toll free number and information to do that.

http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/LawyerRegulation/FilingaComplaint.aspx

I appreciate the chance to do that tonight.Please let me know if you have more follow up here.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have more questions, it is never a problem..thanks.

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.