Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was house sitting someones house with my girlfriend and we

I was house sitting someones house with my girlfriend and we accidentally broke her 600 dollar couch bed althought didnt break the couch jsut the bed and it broke rather easy kinda like it was cheaply made anyway me and her broke up and i told the person on facebook that we broke it and now shes demanding that i pay my have of the original dollar amount i refused and she threatend to sue me does she have a case

Hello and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

How did you break the bed, were you doing anything unusual on the bed? How much is she demanding you pay?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we were having sex i told my girlfriend at the time we should probably not do it there but on the other couch but she didnt want to move i knew it was gonna break but anyway the couch is like atleast 2 years old so depreciation is a factor right its not worth how much she paid can she sue for more i dont kno

Hello again, Scott, and thank you for providing this additional information.

This conduct would not typically be considered negligent since a couch or bed should not break under those conditions. It does not sound as though you were at fault in breaking the furniture, but you may want to consider offering something to aid her in getting it repaired or replacing it, if for no other reason than to avoid having to go to court if she is serious about filing suit against you.

It could be embarassing too if you have to testify in court about what you were doing. However, if the owner is demanding the full price of the furniture, I would refuse that and permit a court to decide since it does not sound as though you are at fault.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need so I will be compensated for my time from the deposit you posted with this website. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-tina/. I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.