Zachary
Zachary, Attorney
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs

Hello ZDNLaw. A Customer Care Representative has scheduled

Hello ZDNLaw. A Customer Care Representative has scheduled a follow-up on Friday, July 12th at 9:00am MT.

Here is a link to the previous conversation: http://www.justanswer.com/law/7v0mh-patient-entered-er-local-hospital-registration.html.
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Appointment scheduled and verified.

-ZDN
Zachary, Attorney
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,

I'd like to let you know that I'm available for a follow up with you today. Have you made any progress with clearing up your medical record issue?

I'm going to leave my office for the next 3 hours, but should be back soon to answer any questions you may about this situation.

Best Regards,
ZDN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not been able to find anybody to be my advocate and the situation continues to get worse. Seriously worse. I thought we had a telecon scheduled for 9:00 my time but it looks like you will be gone...?

Becky

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.

Sorry if you misunderstood. We cannot speak to you directly on the phone (only through this online forum).

I've got an emergency court hearing that came up today and will have to attend.

Are you saying that you have been unable to hire an attorney to help you? What is the problem you are finding in trying to hire them?
Zachary, Attorney
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't find anybody to take this type of case. There was no malpractice - YET. There isn't any criminal activity as the identification error was not intentional on the part of the other patient but was due to negligence by the hospital registration department. There was no physical personal injury although I have a serious illness and this is definitely taking it's toll on me and exacerbating my condition. There isn't an identity theft issue. A health law attorney defends the other side. I just don't know anywhere else to turn. I am going to file complaints with the state of Colorado, the office for Civil Rights and the Joint Commission. I have not gotten replies from the Privacy/Compliance officer at the hospital. I did go to a physician associated with the hospital yesterday as I have a life threatening condition if I am not properly regulated on blood thinners. I was told I was anemic, and a host of other things based upon my recent blood work. The doctor had written out a prescription. Then she said my urinalysis was fine. WHAT??? I never had a urinalysis. Then it was discovered that this blood work report that was pulled the day before yesterday, was for the other patient. I nearly fainted when she told me everything wrong with me. I wasted my appointment with the doctor discussing somebody else's results. The doctor appeared to be very nervous at this point as I'm sure she was pondering the words "Thank God I didn't prescribe medication or a procedure based upon these results"! How is it that the hospital can take well over two weeks to pull records from their own internal system? This is a huge problem encompassing many areas with very serious implications if not handled properly, quickly and completely.

Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
That is terrifying. The potential for something going wrong here is high.

I'm curious that you have not be able to hire a lawyer to help you here. If you are in Colorado, you might think about checking with some of the larger firms in Denver.

Try contacting this firm: http://www.mphealthlaw.com/

I think a stern letter from your attorney to the hospital spelling out exactly how dangerous this situation is will light the fire under them to get these records straightened out.
Expert:  Zachary replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you need to discuss this matter further or need any other information.

In the meantime, please kindly rate my services positively so that the website knows I am doing a good job.

Thanks,
ZDN