WALLSTREETFIGHTER
WALLSTREETFIGHTER, Attorney
Experience:  14 years experience in representing clients, current member of legalshield, legal club of america, NYSUT and UFT attorney
16356563

private party sells car in indiana to 25 year old female-car

private party sells car in indiana to 25 year old female-car has 1000 repair .grand mother loaned $$$ to buy .who has to bring claim small claims court title in in grand daughters name

WALLSTREETLAW :

Hello I am a licensed attorney. I am here to help answer your questions. Please do not hesitate to ask for clarification

WALLSTREETLAW :

The grand daughter would have the legal standing to bring the lawsuit, as the car is in her name, the grandmother loaning the granddaughter the money would be not related,

WALLSTREETLAW :

the owner would claim that she had to take a loan of $1000 to pay for the repairs

Customer:

can grandmother take me to small claims court eventhough granddaughters name only on title

WALLSTREETLAW :

she could do this however, since the car is not in her name you can argue she has no standing to bring the suit,

WALLSTREETLAW :

it would be if a bank who loaned money to a person to buy a home suing a contractor for repairs.

Customer:

can grandmother file small claims

WALLSTREETLAW :

yes, but she would have to claim she suffered a loss,

WALLSTREETLAW :

and that she has legal rights to the car as well, even if name not on title

Customer:

grand mother recorded phone call before purchase . i thought this is illegal because me and purchaser are the only ones able to do this grandma is 3rd party

WALLSTREETLAW :

Indiana only allows one party consent to record, if she was not a aprty it would not be legal

WALLSTREETLAW :

party

Customer:

so because me as seller and grand daughter name on title -grand ma 3rd party recording is illegal??

WALLSTREETLAW :

You can't record a call in Indiana,if you are not one of the parties involved in the conversation
.

Customer:

ok how do i pay

WALLSTREETLAW :

if satisfied with our service please provide us with positive feedback, thank you