Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

my friend had a accident on bear paw lane on a national forest

Customer Question

my friend had a accident on bear paw lane on a national forest road in Mountain Wi is this considered a private road and can the law give him a citation?
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

National forest roads are public land and public property. Those roads, therefore, are not private but public. A citation can be given on public land to operators of vehicles or other violators. My apologies, but going purely on the facts that you listed, there is nothing improper or illegal in citing your friend in this instance.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Good advise just sorry it wasn't what I wanted to hear

I am genuinely sorry to hear that but I am bound by my ethical obligations to provide you with the right answer, even if not always favorable. I do wish the best for you and your friend.

If satisfied with my work, please do not forget to positively rate my answers to you so I may obtain credit. Thank you!