Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

I paid my attorney $3000.00 retainer. once that retainer is

I paid my attorney $3000.00 retainer. once that retainer is up, what if I tell judge I cannot afford to pay attorney. I have called all over for help, no free help available to me.
Expert:  Zachary replied 9 months ago.

Is this a criminal case or a civil case?

Thanks,
ZDN
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

civil, divorce. is andrea available?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Divorce

Expert:  wendy-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I have sent Andrea a note to let her know you are looking for her assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and Welcome back,

I gave you an Answer to your previous question,

http://www.justanswer.com/law/7tvnh-andrea-please-hi-hope-remember-pittsfield.html

but you did not give me a rating so I did not receive any credit for researching your question and researching the name of the Attorney you gave,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Sorry for not rating you.

My next question is: what do I do after the retainer I pd my attorney is gone? I have a $600 balance left and I cannot afford thousands more, or even a thousand more. I filed, with divorce papers, 6 months ago, for my husband to pay legal fees for me or pay some of fees. The subject has not been brought up yet. What would a judge say if I simply said I have no attorney, I cannot afford one.

Thank you for the rating. The way the website works is that we do not receive credit and we do not receive any payment if the customer does not rate us, so Thank you for the rating.

The Court appoints an Attorney only for criminal defendants, not in civil cases, so the Judge is not going to do anything if you tell him you have no money for an Attorney. The attorney to whom you paid the $3,000 retainer had an obligation to you to file a Petition for Interim Counsel Fees which he should have filed by now. Since he has not filed this Petition, you should tell him or her that you have no more money and you thought that they would have filed the Petition for Interim Counsel Fees by now and since they have not done so, they must do it now. If they file a Petition for Leave to Withdraw because they have not been paid, you should oppose the Petition and tell the Court that you asked the Attorney to file a Petition for Interim Counsel Fees and you should not be penalized now by allowing the Attorney to withdraw from your case and leaving you unrepresented simply because the Attorney did not do their job in filing the Petition for Interim Counsel Fees,

________________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney