How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 29312
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

For Lucy:After filing the motion with the clerk of the

This answer was rated:

For Lucy: After filing the motion with the clerk of the court in the usual way, can you suggest any way I can expedite the motion getting to the Judge? I don't know if I am getting off in an area you do not want to deal with, but I know there is a way to present this to the court that will move it along. Any suggestions?


I noticed the state I live in is listed as Nebraska.  I live in Georgia God forbid.

Good morning,

The only way to try to expedite something is to file it as an emergency, which usually requires that a person's rights will be substantially prejudiced if the motion is not heard immediately. When a motion is not an emergency, you can ask the clerk for a hearing date to try to get it on the calendar, but there isn't any other way to try to get action on it sooner.
Lucy, Esq. and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you