Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

For Lucy:After filing the motion with the clerk of the

For Lucy: After filing the motion with the clerk of the court in the usual way, can you suggest any way I can expedite the motion getting to the Judge? I don't know if I am getting off in an area you do not want to deal with, but I know there is a way to present this to the court that will move it along. Any suggestions?

I noticed the state I live in is listed as Nebraska.  I live in Georgia God forbid.

Good morning,

The only way to try to expedite something is to file it as an emergency, which usually requires that a person's rights will be substantially prejudiced if the motion is not heard immediately. When a motion is not an emergency, you can ask the clerk for a hearing date to try to get it on the calendar, but there isn't any other way to try to get action on it sooner.