CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I appeared before a Chief Magistrate/Administrator in Hamilton

I appeared before a Chief Magistrate/Administrator in Hamilton County Cincinnati, OH, July 1st 2013 to officially received my name changed. How and what forms do use to file a motion to reverse that court ordered name change?

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would like to assist you today. Once you have changed your name through the Courts, the only way to reverse that name change is to go back through the process and change your name back.

You may attempt to file a motion with the court using the case number XXXXX your file and asking that the Court "vacate" its order changing your name, given the recent nature of the Court order it is possible the Court would be willing to do this, but I cannot guarantee this type of motion will work as it is unlikely there is any legal precedent for it (this doesn't mean you cannot try it).

William B. Esq. :

To file a motion, you simply need to draft a short paper stating that you wish to vacate the order entered on date xxx, that you wish to have the name change rejected, a brief statement as to why, and a declaration (something where you sign "under penalty of perjury"). You will need to request a hearing date from the clerk, and appear before the judge on the date of the hearing.

Customer:

Speaking with clerk at Magistrates office

William B. Esq. :

Correct, they should be able to give you a hearing date. However, it is possible that your Court closes these matters immediately after the hearing, so the clerk will not be able to give you a hearing date, but again, it is worth pursuing at this early date.

Customer:

The clerk just informed me that I can appear before the Magistrate with my motion on Wednesday or Thursday this week.

William B. Esq. :

That is great news, hopefully the magistrate is willing to vacate the order, I wish you the best of luck with the motion.

Customer:

Thank you