Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

Im an 86 yr old 100% disabled WW2 Navy Veteran,I was getting my eyes checked in a Dr

I'm an 86 yr old 100% disabled WW2 Navy Veteran,I was getting my eyes checked in a Dr.Office an accidentally knocked over 1 of there Machines,they sent me a bill saying I was responsible for the deductible. I don't think so.I have to use a electric mobility chair to get around.The bill is over $3.000.

You might be liable to them under general negligence theories of law. A lot depends on the facts surrounding the accident. The use of the wheelchair is a factor, but doesn't constitute an absolute defense. You will need a lawyer to help you settle their claim, but If you have any kind of homeowner's insurance, contact your insurance agent because some policies might cover this kind of situation.

I hope that this information is helpful. Please click on a smiley face so that I will be compensated for assisting you. If you have a follow up question please send me back a Reply without entering any rating. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.