Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

Appellate rule 25(c)(4) says service is complete when I mail

Appellate rule 25(c)(4) says service is complete when I mail papers.
(d)(1)(B) says proof is a statement by the person who made service certifying (i) etc.

Under (c)(4) I'm the person who made service when I completed it by dropping it in the mail box.
I signed the copies under penalty of perjury saying I mailed them to everybody. So I think it was ok that I mailed them without paying for the post man to get a signature from opposing council.

Frantic in Florida

Hello, Phil, and Thank you for requesting me,

I reviewed Appellate Rule 24 in its entirety and you are correct. Service is complete when mailed or when given to a third party carrier for delivery. Your Certification must list the people served and their respective addresses where they were served, the date on which they were served and manner of service. If you have all of that in your Certification of Service, then you are all set,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,