Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.

If i send money by wire to someones bank account and they

If i send money by wire to someone's bank account and they don't know that i am doing it and i have done it before and had told them prior. Yet i wonder if i do it without them knowing to surprise them trying to help the person is that illegal?
*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

It is legal to wire money to someone's bank account without the person's prior consent provided that you are not wiring the funds for any illegal purpose. You can wire the funds to make a gift, the receiving party has the option to accept or reject the gift

I would be glad to continue the conversation and respond to any follow-up questions that you may have.