Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.

I was on my friends porch playing a game of dominoes, when

I was on my friends porch playing a game of dominoes, when i heard loud bangs so i ran into the house. cops say someone apparently shot a gun near the porch. My back was turned towards the street so I had no way of seeing what actually happened but they kept saying that is impossible. I literally ran right into the house and didnt look back. I saw nothing I only heard the bangs. Is there any reason for me to worry about anything happening to me?

Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Brandon M. :

Thank you for your question. You asked if there is any reason to worry about anything happening to you. I should start by saying that I am concerned that someone was apparently discharging a firearm outside your house, so I am worried for you for that reason alone. However, You turned your back and didn't see anything, and that's what you told the police, so that's the best that you can do. It's unfortunate that they think you might be withholding information, but you have not indicated that there is any proof that you lied, so if you did not actually commit a crime and if there is no evidence of you having committed a crime, then there is no special cause for concern.