How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask William B. Esq. Your Own Question

William B. Esq.
William B. Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7059
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
William B. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I currently have a small Fencing and decking business that

Resolved Question:

I currently have a small Fencing and decking business that is in my name I'm 27 live in Colorado. My questions are to deal with a co owner that I was staying with and property in which was bought for the company to do jobs and make the business run. Due to unethical ways of doing business I have decided to move on and save my name from being totally tarnished. This man was a teacher, a mentor, and like a father figure. Until he stole tools from customers. Walked off jobs without finishing, taking the money still. Not paying taxes for the 6years he has owned fencing company's ( by the way 3-4 different names used and played 2 other men like myself to use there names and socials to front for him promising part of the company) Well this time I'm cutting it off. I took on a Sol proprietary ship on QualityBilt Fence of Denver. Took my tools that I needed for work. Computer and the rest I left for him to have( like tools he stole or bought stolen). Problem 1= he is smart and bought most of the tools and stuff with a personal debit card to cover his ass.
Problem 2= he's filed charges with the Federal heights police dept on thef t felony
Problem 3= he has stolen money from customers and cashed there checks and never worked.
He's vindictive, crazy, and out for blood. What can I do, I have a lot of dirt on this guy like he won't put the companies in his name cause of the money he receives from SSI and Disability Benefits. Please help I'm not a bad guy. But this is going to screw me, my name, and this guy needs to pay for all his bulls%&$!!!!

Kevin Palmer
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  William B. Esq. replied 2 years ago.

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would like to assist you today, but I may need some more information to better assist you.

William B. Esq. :

If I understand your situation, this individual has used your personal debit card to purchase tools, taken money from your joint customers without finishing work on behalf of your joint company, and he has filed a police complaint against you. Are these the 3 issues that I can assist you with today?


Yes plus being that hes on probation for larsony, and or ebeslement he used me to open a joint bank account which led us getting a business checking account which he put negative running the company using my name and social.

William B. Esq. :

It appears that he most likely has embezzled from your company as well (the taking of client funds without performing work). He has also likely stolen from you (the use of your personal debit card). Both of these are criminal matters that can be dealt with through the police and prosecutors' offices. The false police reports are something you will need to deal with separately. I always recommend that individuals facing police investigation seek legal counsel to ensure that their rights are fully protected (usually this can be done economically in situations such as the one you describe), but it is an important step. Given this individual's history, it is unlikely that his story will be given a great deal of weight, and the fact that he is engaging in the same type of behavior that he was convicted of the first time makes it even less likely.

William B. Esq. :

Hopefully this matter will be resolved quickly. The way in which you have described this situation makes it seem unlikely that you will have any significant concerns of your own regarding the police reports he has made.

I will offer that in addition to reporting his actions to the police, you can also file a civil action against him on behalf of your company to recover the money he has stolen (if you do not get a reimbursement order from any criminal conviction he may receive).

I hope that my answer was of assistance to you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. Thank you for your business!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I file a civil action and I need counsel bad!

Expert:  William B. Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Dear Customer,

Depending on the amount in question, you can file a claim in general civil court, or in small claims court. The procedures are roughly the same, but in small claims court, they are slightly more relaxed. The small claims cap is $7,500.00. You can find information regarding how to file a small claims case (you can do so easily without an attorney using the information provided by the Colorado Courts).

If your claim is for more than $7,500.00 you will need to file a complaint in general civil court. You will still need to file a complaint, get a summons and serve it on the other side. This will get your case moving. I would advise using an attorney for a general civil case.

To get an attorney I cannot give you a specific referral, but I can offer the following resources, the Colorado State Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service,, and Look for a civil litigation attorney.
William B. Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7059
Experience: Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
William B. Esq. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
< Previous | Next >
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan

Meet The Experts:

  • Tina


    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
< Last | Next >
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • JPEsq's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor
  • Law Educator, Esq.'s Avatar

    Law Educator, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.'s Avatar

    Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Multiple jurisdictions, specialize in business/contract disputes, estate creation and administration.

Related Legal Questions