Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.
20073497

I just went into a store and was told I couldnt have my service

I just went into a store and was told I couldn't have my service dog in there because it needed to be tagged. I told them no he did not. Still refused service. This is the third time this week, since getting a service animal, that this has happened in some form because my disability is not visable...the dog is a P.S.A. From my understanding of the law he only has to provide his service, he doesn't have to have "service tags" or walk on the ground, do the command that certain service dogs do. Am I incorrect or do I have a case to sue?
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Candy, My name is XXXXX XXXXX my goal is to provide you with Excellent Service,

I am sorry that you are having this trouble in these stores.

The stores do not have any understanding of the Americans with Disabilities Act, or they are choosing to ignore the law. A service dog does not have to wear a special tag, nor does it have to wear any special color, or any special clothing. You definitely have a case against these stores for violating the Americans with Disabilities Act,

____________________________________________________________________

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am being asked to leave, do I need to make a police report to document my case?

It certainly would be a good idea to call the police as proof that you were not permitted to remain in the store with your service animal,

________________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you...if further discriminated...by police or another shop, do I call the Justice department or a local lawyer?

Good question because I find many times that the police are not too knowledgeable in current law. I would consult with an Attorney and tell the Attorney you want to file a lawsuit against these stores immediately because it was impossible to reason with them,

_______________________________________________________________________

ANDREA

Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience: 25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.