Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  25 yrs. experience in family law, estates, real estate, business law, criminal defense, immigration, and employment law.

a new law went in effect july 1 2013 in Kansas for registered

Customer Question

a new law went in effect july 1 2013 in Kansas for registered drug offenders apparently we don't have to register anymore. Is this true
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 3 years ago.

Hi, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you with your question today,

Please give me a few minutes to check this for you and I will be right back,

By the way, where did you get your information that registration is no longer required ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

a friend of mine that is a registered drug offender got a letter last week telling him after july 1 2013 he no longer has to register

Hi, Julie, Thank you for your additional information,

The Kansas Offender Registration Act contained in Kansas Statutes Annotated, Section 22-4901, has been amended, but no section of the amendment eliminated the requirement that a drug offender must register. I would strongly suggest that your friend double check the source of the letter they received because failure to register carries harsh penalties. The requirement of registration by drug offenders and other offenders in certain defined classes is still in effect.

I realize that this is not exactly the Answer you were hoping for and it would have given me great pleasure to give you the Answer you wanted to hear, but I have an ethical obligation to you to give you only correct Answers and information, so I am respectfully asking that you not hold the law applicable to your friend's situation against me,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you,

Bonus and Positive Feedback on survey is very much appreciated,