Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Is the Patriot Act the same as the Anti-Terrorist Clearance

Customer Question

Is the Patriot Act the same as the Anti-Terrorist Clearance in obtaining a Certificate
to enable inheritance funds to be transfered to USA from Spain?
Also, what is the standard charge if any for the receiver of the funds to pay for
this Certificate?
Thank You
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

There is no such think as the anti-terrorist fund to make you pay for any of this. Also, this is not part of the patriot act. It is also likely this alleged attorney you are dealing with is not an attorney, since the bank in Spain does not charge to open an account. Any fees from administration of this alleged inheritance would come from the inheritance and if you have sent any money to these people, this is an "advance fee scam" and I am afraid these people are taking you for a ride. This is something we see here pretty much daily.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer.com. I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered. PLEASE use REPLY to EXPERT if you would like more information or if you feel something was not included in your answer.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

According to the internet there is such a thing as an anti-terrorist

clearance certificate but they did not say there was a charge for this.

All money we transfered was through the Bankia in Spain.

Under the US Patriot Act, and also this anti-terrorist act, if any one wants to send more than a certain amount of money to or from the US, the bank located in the US is required to search the names of the parties to the transaction in a database set up by the US govt. of persons that the US believes may be involved in torrorist activities. My question is, how is this

Patriot Act much different than the anti-terrorist act, other than the fact

they are asking for a large sum of money for this?

What you are being told is a SCAM, the anti-terrorist act has NOTHING to do with what you are dealing with. See: Anti-Terrorist Certificate Scam.

You are being scammed and you should not pay any up front money for any of this "inheritance" as if there is any money due it would come from the alleged "inheritance."