CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I am the exclusive licensor of a famous golfer named Moe Norman.

I am the exclusive licensor of a famous golfer named Moe Norman. Recently a competing golf company used Moe's image and name and video to advertise their webpage, membership website and products. Is this legal? Is this infringement?

Thank you.

Todd Graves

William B. Esq. :

Dear Customer, this falls into the category of infringing on the "Right of Personality". These claims can be prosecuted successfully (the other company is improperly benefiting from Mr. Norman's success when he has given or sold that right to you). You can pursue this claim in civil court for damages and injunctive relief (stopping them from doing this in the future).

I thought so. Can I send you the ad that they sent so you can review or should I just pursue it with my legal team?

William B. Esq. :

You will need to pursue the specific ad with your legal team (I can't give specific legal advice through this forum).

Thanks so much. I appreciate it.