Thank you for your help in this matter. Looking for clarification about the judge's temporary orders vs. the ones written by the lawyer. I rec'd from the court a copy of the judge's orders.
- Regular Standard Possession was ordered for during summer school (i
pick up Fri 6pm and drop Sun 6pm).
- For after summer school is over (which it is done now), the judge
ordered "Standard Possession with a Thursday exception" (i pick up
would pick up thurs 4pm and return monday a.m.; i.e. Sunday night is
now added back into my possession).
- no one asked for any change in possession at all in court, but he
ordered it... i think to show ex-wife to not be so petty going to court
about 5 days of summer school driving. and he said he was not
penalizing me, but since i now have to pay over $600 a month child
support that i don't have and never had to pay before due to 50/50
possession, it does feel like a penalty.
- What exactly does "election" mean regarding "thursday election"... i.e.
can I 'elect' to not take the thursdays w/the kids? because the lawyer's
temp orders do not use the word 'election' at all... so i am not sure.
- if i can completely opt out of thurs w/the kids, can she get me in any
trouble for not taking any thursdays?
- if that is within my right according to this 'exception' the judge
mentioned, would i have to give her written notice for every thurs or just
opt out of thurs altogether?
- if we can safely 'elect' to not take the kids on any thurs, can we further
'elect' to just keep it as regular Standard Possession (fri 6pm to sun
6pm) instead of fri 4pm (if we don't do the thurs) to mon a.m. - or only if
she agrees to that?
- the goal is to get back to the 50/50 possession at some point and not
have to pay child support any longer, but if she only has to now keep the
kids one more night per week than she used to when we did have
50/50, she can do that forever and still get the $600 a month on top of
it! what motivation would she ever have to go back to the 50/50 if she's
not overburdened by having to keep them 12 out of every 14 days like
she was the first 3 weeks after court? she was pretty surprised by the
judge's ruling too so i'm hoping she'll soon approach me for 50/50
again. but she'll never do that if we have close to the previous 50/50 but
she still gets the full amount of support.
- i want her to have the kids wed/thurs/sun (and me only have them every
1st/3rd/5th fri-sun)... but don't know if this is within the orders and how to
approach any of this if the lawyer begins to say A) i have to do the thurs
and/or B) cannot opt for regular standard possession.