ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney

My girl friend and I are splitting up. I paid for the house

Customer Question

My girl friend and I are splitting up. I paid for the house or 90% of it. Her name is XXXXX XXXXX Who has the right to stay in house? Jerry( Indiana)
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 1 year ago.

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

ScottyMacEsq :

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me if both of your names are XXXXX XXXXX deed, or just hers?

ScottyMacEsq :

Did you see my follow up question to your issue?

ScottyMacEsq :

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response.

ScottyMacEsq :

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

Customer:

Both names

ScottyMacEsq :

Thank you. When you say that you have paid for 90% of the house, did she pay for the other 10%?

Customer:

Not really we split them

ScottyMacEsq :

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "we split them"... Did she make contributions to a mortgage payment, or put anything down on a down payment?

ScottyMacEsq :

And can you prove what you paid towards the house and what she did?

Customer:

Yes 110,000 +

ScottyMacEsq :

That's the amount that she contributed to the house?

ScottyMacEsq :

(or a downpayment paid by her?)

Customer:

No I paid that out of $130,000

ScottyMacEsq :

I had asked "Did she make contributions to a mortgage payment, or put anything down on a down payment? "

ScottyMacEsq :

Can you tell me what she has contributed to down payments, mortgage payments, etc...?

ScottyMacEsq :

For some reason we're having difficulty communicating. I am going to switch to Q&A so we can better communicate.

ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience: Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
I have switched to Q&A so that we can better communicate.

Again, Can you tell me what she has contributed to down payments, mortgage payments, etc...?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did'nt get last answer

I have not answered because I am waiting for a response from you to my follow up question: